Saturday, April 11, 2009

NinjaVideo Virus?

While doing some research for Ninjavideo Sucks, I came across an alarming post on Yahoo Answers. The person describes their experience with Ninjavideo and goes on to explain that Ninjavideo had infected his/her computer with adware/spyware and maybe even a virus. The person goes on to elaborate on the effects that the Virus had on their computer. They go on to say that they think that it was the applet that had done this to their computer. Here is a screen shot of their entry. If anyone else has had these effects on their computers or would just like to comment on the situation, feel free to discuss in the comment section.





5 comments:

  1. Not once, but twice. The adware they are using is fucking toxic. The WPP.EXE Virus and AntiSpy 2009 takes over your pc and disables any admin features (setup.exe), Task Manager..etc...

    Had to reformat 2 machines. It took 3 formats to get rid of it. So I'm going to be getting all my movies from zerosec now. Fuck Ninja.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ninjavideo got my computer also. Took a whole day to rid of my problems and didnt know it was ninjavideo. watched a sitcom last night and from 7 pm until 7 am have finally cleaned it a second time. no more for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe the viruses come through ninjas ad network. I got a virus from them a few weeks back and stopped using then, returned maybe a week ago to watch something. Stupid yes... So now I just got hit again and after 30 mins have removed the trojans. Ninjavideo staff are basically being cocksmokers about it, just found this very recent link... http://forum.ninjavideo.net/index.php?topic=38871.125 basically theyre stating they don't give a fuck that their users are getting infected. Well fuck them, only thing ninjavideo has going for it is convenience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've been hit for a third time with this fucking thing, and just recently came across the forums posts you mentioned. I'm writing a blog post about this soon. Mind if I use your site as a key reference?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have had problems with the site. Upon entering the site the dialogue box to run the applet automatically appeared. I assumed it was an improvement ninja video had made to their site as I know you have to seperately start the applet. Anyway I clicked run as normal and after a while my virus protection went crazy. The virus seamed to disable my graphics card hence turning off my monitor. I accessed windows in safe mode and ran a virus scan. Turned out i had nine viruses but i could only get rid of eight. Long story short I had to rstore my system to a point before the virues was installed to return to normal.

    ReplyDelete